Emanuel "Chris" Welch
|Emanuel "Chris" Welch|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 7|
|January 9, 2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Proviso West High School|
|Bachelor's||Northwestern University (1993)|
|J.D.||John Marshall Law School (1997)|
Welch earned his B.S. in Speech from Northwestern University in 1993 and his J.D. from The John Marshall Law School in 1997. His professional experience includes working as a weekend assignment editor for WGN-TV, Channel 9 News, associate for Sanchez, Daniels & Hoffman Limited Liability Partnership, Associate for James J. Roche & Associates, and partner at Sanchez/Daniels/Hoffman Limited Liability Partnership.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Welch served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Higher Education|
|• Health Care Availability Access|
|• Higher Education|
|• Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
Welch's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Help create new construction jobs by supporting capital development plans for road construction and school renovation projects"
- Excerpt: "Provide full and equal funding of public education while making the cost of education less dependent on real estate taxes"
- Excerpt: "Close gun show loopholes and stiffen penalties on crimes committed with a firearm"
- Excerpt: "Provide healthcare to all underprivileged children."
- Consumer Protection
- Excerpt: "Support strengthening the Consumer Fraud Act and protecting those who have been ripped off by car dealers and those taken advantage of by predatory lenders."
- Homeowner Assistance
- Excerpt: "Support programs to assist struggling homeowners with refinancing."
Welch won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 7. Welch defeated Beyonca Johnson, Princess Dempsey and Rory Hoskins in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Welch is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Emanuel + Welch + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Emanuel+Welch+Illinois+Legislature&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Emanuel Welch News Feed
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Emanuel "Chris" Welch on Facebook
- Emanuel "Chris" Welch on Twitter
- Emanuel "Chris" Welch on LinkedIn
Karen Yarbrough (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 7
2013 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |