Emanuel "Chris" Welch
|Emanuel "Chris" Welch|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 7|
|January 9, 2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Proviso West High School|
|Bachelor's||Northwestern University (1993)|
|J.D.||John Marshall Law School (1997)|
Welch earned his B.S. in Speech from Northwestern University in 1993 and his J.D. from The John Marshall Law School in 1997. His professional experience includes working as a weekend assignment editor for WGN-TV, Channel 9 News, associate for Sanchez, Daniels & Hoffman Limited Liability Partnership, Associate for James J. Roche & Associates, and partner at Sanchez/Daniels/Hoffman Limited Liability Partnership.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Welch served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Higher Education|
|• Health Care Availability Access|
|• Higher Education|
|• Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
Welch's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Help create new construction jobs by supporting capital development plans for road construction and school renovation projects"
- Excerpt: "Provide full and equal funding of public education while making the cost of education less dependent on real estate taxes"
- Excerpt: "Close gun show loopholes and stiffen penalties on crimes committed with a firearm"
- Excerpt: "Provide healthcare to all underprivileged children."
- Consumer Protection
- Excerpt: "Support strengthening the Consumer Fraud Act and protecting those who have been ripped off by car dealers and those taken advantage of by predatory lenders."
- Homeowner Assistance
- Excerpt: "Support programs to assist struggling homeowners with refinancing."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Emanuel "Chris" Welch was set to face Antoinette "Toni" Gray in the Democratic primary, but Gray was removed from the ballot on January 22, 2014, leaving Welch unopposed. Welch is unchallenged in the general election. Mark Salisipan (R) withdrew from the race on December 24, 2013.
Welch won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 7. Welch defeated Beyonca Johnson, Princess Dempsey and Rory Hoskins in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Welch is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Welch raised a total of $359,223 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 18, 2013.
|Emanuel Welch's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 7||$216,964|
|2006||Illinois State House, District 7||$142,259|
|Grand Total Raised||$359,223|
2012Welch won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Welch raised a total of $216,964.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Emanuel "Chris" Welch's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Education Association||$20,500|
|New Students First Party||$19,731|
|Paramount Media Group Inc||$10,000|
|Proviso Junior Panthers||$6,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$216,964|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2006Welch lost the election for the Illinois House of Representatives in 2006. During that election cycle, Welch raised a total of $142,259.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2006 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Emanuel "Chris" Welch's campaign in 2006|
|Welch, Emanuel (Chris)||$20,000|
|J & B Signs||$5,500|
|Citizens to Elect Ronald M Serpico Sr||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2006||$142,259|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Welch is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Emanuel + Welch + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Emanuel "Chris" Welch on Facebook
- Emanuel "Chris" Welch on Twitter
- Emanuel "Chris" Welch on LinkedIn
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Campaign website, Platform
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Welch, Emanuel (Chris)," accessed July 18, 2013
Karen Yarbrough (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 7
2013 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |