|Illinois State Senate District 14|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2013
Jones attended Chicago State and Robert Morris College. Before becoming a Senator, Jones III was the Former Administrator of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jones has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Licensed Activities Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Redistricting Committee, Illinois State Senate
- State Government & Veterans Affairs Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on Health Care Licensing
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Licensed Activities)
- Transportation Committee, Illinois State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jones served on these committees:
- Appropriations I
- Licensed Activities
- State Government and Veterans Affairs.
|Illinois State Senate, District 14 (2008)|
|Emil Jones (D)||76,090|
|Ray Wardingley (R)||18,929|
In 2008, Jones collected $34,250 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Citizens for Emil Jones Jr.||$20,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$2,500|
|Southern Wine & Spirits||$1,000|
|Illinois State Bar Association||$1,000|
|AFSCME Illinois Council 31||$1,000|
|Kuplan & Sorosky||$1,000|
Jones III represents Illinois Senate District 14. District 14 includes South Central side of Chicago.
Emil is single and resides in Chicago, Illinois.
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Emil Jones on Twitter
|Illinois Senate District 14
| Succeeded by|