Revision as of 08:45, 10 October 2011 by Polycal
Equality California (EQCA) was founded in 1998. In 2008, it was active in opposition to Proposition 8.
Its goals as listed on its website include:
- Achieve equality and secure legal protections for LGBT people.
- Improve the lives of LGBT Californians.
Activities EQCA sponsors include:
- Sponsoring legislation and coordinating efforts to ensure its passage,
- Lobbying legislators and other policy makers,
- Building coalitions,
- Developing community strength,
- Empowering individuals and other organizations to engage in the political process.