|U.S. House, Texas, District 31|
|High school||Georgetown High School|
|Bachelor's||West Point Military Academy|
|Master's||University of Texas at Austin|
|Birthday||December 22, 1972|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Eric Klingemann is a lifelong resident of Williamson County, 5th generation Texan, and candidate for District 31. With the exception of college and time served in the military, Eric has lived in the district.
After graduating from Georgetown High School, Eric attended college at the United States Military Academy at West Point where he received a degree in Aerospace Engineering. As an officer in the United States Army, Eric was stationed at Fort Hood, in Killeen, with deployments to Germany, Bosnia, and Kuwait. He volunteers with the West Point Society of Central Texas in community programs.
After an honorable discharge from the military Eric worked for a high tech firm, Applied Materials in Austin. Leaving Applied Materials he went to graduate school at the University of Texas at Austin where he received a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA).
For the last 8 years Eric has been an owner of KC Commercial, a small LLC construction company based out of Georgetown. The firm manages construction of water plants, electrical improvements, and communication sites. In addition, the firm works on special alternative energy projects including custom solar arrays and rural generator installation and support.
Klingemann's campaign website listed the following issues:
- U.S. Constitution
- Excerpt: "The single greatest shining example of our “American Experience” is this document. Over the generations, it has provided us a roadmap to success. I am very disappointed to see our leaders routinely ignore it."
- Excerpt: "“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic”, Benjamin Franklin. While our elected representatives ignore parts of the constitution, there is one they cannot. All expenditures and tax increases must originate in the US House of Representatives."
- Excerpt: "LEGAL immigration is part of the solution. We must streamline the process. Bring to America those who will start businesses, hire workers, pay taxes, file patents, trademark ideas, and spur our economy. Let us not have them languishing in our broken system."
- Border Security
- Excerpt: "This we must defend. Our borders are less secure than our enemies’ borders. We have tens of thousands cross daily into the US, but 3 hikers can’t walk near Iran without causing an international incident. Our border security is an embarrassment."
- Reduce and Simplify Taxes
- Excerpt: "The FAIR Tax has been published, reviewed, and vetted. CPAs, Accountants, Small Business Organizations, and even Unions have endorsed it. What it lacks is a Congressman of character, motivated by what is best for American, and his/her District to drive it to the floor for approval."
Klingemann and his wife, Michelle, have two children.
- Official Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- YouTube channel
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |