Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Illinois, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||March 18, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Wallace's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Economy and Taxes
- Excerpt: "He therefore is for creating an environment in which small businesses can thrive and job creation can flourish. He supports sweeping tax reform such as a flat tax or the FairTax/National sales tax."
- Excerpt: "We need a system of empowerment grants for all people, which enable parents to choose a school."
- Faith Based Programs
- Excerpt: "Illinois should be encouraging its faith community to work with state and federal programs to help stem gang violence, drug addiction, and other criminal activity."
- Excerpt: "Wallace is Pro-life and pro-family. He believes that the family is the bedrock of our society and that healthy families decrease unplanned pregnancies, abortions and juvenile delinquencies."
- Excerpt: " We must take action against state agencies and local governments that enact regulations or allow conditions to exist, which deny Americans’ their 2nd Amendment rights."
- Criminal Justice
- Excerpt: "Wallace supports the Death Penalty because of the social stability and deterrence that it provides. He also supports restorative justice, which helps prepare parolees for life outside of prison."
- National Security
- Excerpt: "Wallace supports a strong military and strong ties with our allies. One of the main responsibilities of the federal government is to protect the nation and the American people."
- Energy Independence
- Excerpt: "Wind, solar, nuclear and bio-fuels need to be enhanced and utilized while at the same time we drill for oil on our own soil and off shore. Clean coal technology, oil shale are other alternatives for energy production."
- Excerpt: "Wallace supports individual Medical Savings Accounts whose deposits are completely tax free, and whose contents transfer to the owner’s estate at death."
Wallace ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Illinois' 2nd District. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on March 18, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
Wallace ran in the 2013 special election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 2nd District. The election was held to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr. Paul McKinley won the Republican primary.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 2 Special Republican Primary, 2013|
|Source: Results via Illinois State Board of Elections|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eric + Wallace + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2014
- Illinois' 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Illinois' 2nd Congressional District
- Associated Press, "Primary Election 2014," accessed March 18, 2014
- Campaign Website "Issues," accessed February 20, 2013
- AP.org "Illinois - Summary Vote Results," accessed February 26, 2013
- KSDK "Race to fill Jesse Jackson Jr. vacancy: GOP primary too close to call," February 26, 2013
- Illinois State Board of Elections, candidate filings
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |