Difference between revisions of "Evan Falchuk"
|Line 90:||Line 90:|
Revision as of 11:00, 22 August 2013
|Governor of Massachusetts|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||University of Pennsylvania Law School|
Falchuk works as a business executive and an attorney.
Falchuk served from 1999 until 2013 on the executive team of Best Doctors, Inc., a Boston-based global health care company whose mission is to "provide people the right diagnosis and right treatment." Prior to that, he practiced law in the District of Columbia. 
As an attorney for the Washington D.C. firm Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, where he worked from 1994-1999, Falchuk focused on SEC enforcement.
Falchuk earned his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and is a Phi Beta Kappa alumnus of Lehigh University, where he earned his B.A. in History. He is fluent in Spanish .
He serves on the Board of Directors of the National Coalition on Health Care. Previously, he served as a Corporate Fellow with the National Governors Association. In addition, he has played active advisory roles with the American Benefits Council, the Associated Industries of Massachusetts Health Care Committee, the National Business Group on Health and Vistage.
- Bachelor's of Arts in history - Lehigh University
- Juris Doctor - University of Pennsylvania Law School
Falchuk currently resides in Auburndale, Massachusetts, with his wife, Felicia Falchuk, and their three children. Falchuk is Jewish. His brother, Brad Falchuk, is co-creator of several hit TV shows including “Glee,” and his mother, Nancy Falchuk, is the immediate past president of Hadassah.
2014 Campaign themes
In a biography Falchuk submitted to Ballotpedia, he described his political philosophy:
"I and my supporters with the United Independent movement in Massachusetts are focused on socially progressive ideas and fiscally sensible solutions - an area where I believe the majority of voters in Massachusetts are. Nearly 53 percent of voters in Massachusetts are "unenrolled" - choosing not to be tied to either the Democratic or Republican parties. These millions of voters are looking for pragmatic, common-sense solutions rather than temporary, quick fixes or partisan sound bites. I believe that by taking the time to communicate with and build consensus among voters on innovative, forward-looking proposals and initiatives, we have a tremendous opportunity to improve what has become the "politics as usual" climate in Massachusetts, and show greater respect for voters' priorities and voices in the process."
Massachusetts Gubernatorial Elections, 2014
- "Independent Voter Network News places Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate Evan Falchuk in nationwide list of top independent politicos"
- "Gov. hopeful Falchuk seeks votes of independents"
- "Falchuk named to national list of 'Ten Influential Politicians in the Independent Movement to Watch'"
- "MassLive.com checks out independent candidate Evan Falchuk's bid for Governor of Massachusetts"
- "Falchuk forging own path in gubernatorial candidacy – The Sentinel and Enterprise"
- "Newly formed United Independent Party makes MA gubernatorial run – Independent Voter Network News"
- "Independent Evan Falchuk announces run for Governor – MassLive.com"
Published Articles and Letters by Falchuk
- "The two-party lock on politics-The Boston Globe"
- "Five Myths Duping Voters – The Standard Times/ SouthCoastToday.com"
- "Debates show politicians must get real, Falchuk argues – The Boston Globe"
- Governor of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts gubernatorial election, 2014
- Evan Falchuk plans run for governor-State House News Service (pdf)
- Wicked Local, Newton's Don Berwick announces run for governor, June 17, 2013
- E-mail biography submission from candidate, received July 24, 2013
- The Republican/Masslive, Independent health care executive Evan Falchuk announces run for governor, June 5 2013
- State House News Service reprinted in Sentinel & Enterprise, Falchuk forging own path to gubernatorial candidacy, June 6 2013
- National Coalition on Health Care, "Board of Directors," accessed August 14, 2013
- Hadassah, National Board, accessed August 1, 2013
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |