|Wisconsin State Assembly District 18|
|January 7, 2013 – present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Edgewood High School (2001)|
|Bachelor's||St. John's University (2005)|
|J.D.||Marquette University Law School (2009)|
|Profession||Assistant State Public Defender|
Goyke attended Edgewood High School and St. John's University before earning a J.D. from Marquette University Law School in 2009.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Goyke served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Criminal Justice|
|• Joint Review on Criminal Penalties|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Evan Goyke was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Goyke was unopposed in the general election and was re-elected to another term.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Goyke won election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 18. He defeated James Dieter, Jarett Fields, Michael Glabere, Lisa Brown, Ty Jackson, Andrew Parker, and Lashawndra Vernon in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. Incumbent Democrat Tamara Grigsby did not run for re-election. Goyke defeated Melba Morris-Page (L) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 18, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Goyke is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Goyke raised a total of $35,669 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 5, 2013.
|Evan Goyke's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 18||$35,669|
|Grand Total Raised||$35,669|
2012Goyke won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Goyke raised a total of $35,669.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Evan Goyke's campaign in 2012|
|Goyke, Evan C||$2,318|
|Northwestern Mutual Life||$500|
|Milwaukee Professional Fire Fighters Local 215||$500|
|Painters Local 781||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$35,669|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Wisconsin State Legislature was in session from January 14 through June 4.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on voting, money in politics and democracy reform legislation.
- Legislators are scored on "how well [their votes] represented the priorities of the MMAC."
- Legislators are scored on whether they voted for or against NPCW's position.
- Legislators are scored on whether they voted for or against the Wisconsin AFL-CIO's position.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on conservation issues.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on legislation WMC deemed as "most important issues for the business community."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on legislation that "impact Wisconsin's law enforcement community."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environmental bills.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Evan + Goyke + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall Partisan Primary," accessed May 5, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall General Election," accessed May 5, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Goyke, Evan," accessed June 5, 2013
Tamara Grigsby (D)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 18
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |