|U.S. House, New York, District 6|
|Bachelor's||Downstate Medical Center|
Chou moved to the U.S. from Taiwan when he was 9 years old. He got his bachelors from Downstate Medical Center, in Flatbush, Brooklyn.
Chou listed some of his campaign issues on his website:
- "Jobs: New Green Deal
- Housing: Housing should be a right. Affordable Housing for all. Mixed income housing developments.
- Health Care: Single Payer Universal Health Care For All
- Environment: to stop the carbon/fossil fuel addiction to oil and coal and to stop nuclear; anti fracking
- Energy: Using renewable resources; moving away from a carbon economy; stop Nuclear Power Plants.
- Solar panels
- Wind turbines
- Wave and River Currents
- Education: Universal Free Education to College/University."
Chou ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 6th District. He sought the nomination on the Green Party ticket and was unopposed in the June 26th, 2012 primary. He lost to Grace Meng (D) in the general election.
|U.S. House, New York District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections "U.S. House of Representatives Results"|
|U.S. House, New York, District 6 General Election, 2012 - Evergreen Chou Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,730,611|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,666,012|
|Top contributors to Evergreen Chou's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Evergreen + Chou + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Chou is married.
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |