For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Mississippi State Senate District 47|
|1992 - January 10, 2012|
|Years in position||23|
|Base salary||$10,000 per year|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2007|
|Representative, Mississippi State House of Representatives|
|1987 - 1991|
|Associate's||Pearl River Community College|
|Bachelor's||William Carey College|
|Master's||University Southern Mississippi|
|Date of birth||04/09/1938-May 21, 2012|
|Place of birth||Hancock County, MS|
Lee was Chair of the Pearl River County. He served in the Mississippi State House of Representatives from 1987 to 1991. He then joined the Mississippi State Senate in 1992. He served in that position until 2012.
Lee was a Teacher/Coach. Lee earned his AA from Pearl River Community College. He received his BS from William Carey College. He then earned his MS from the University of Southern Mississippi.
On May 21, 2012, Lee passed away at age 78 after a battle with cancer.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Lee served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Mississippi Senate
- County Affairs Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Investigate State Offices Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ports and Marine Resources Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Public Utilities Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Veterans and Military Affairs Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Lee ran for re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 47. He was defeated by Tony Smith in the primary on August 2, 2011. Mitch Ellerby ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 8, 2011. 
|Mississippi State Senate, District 47 Republican Primary, 2011|
|Ezell Lee Incumbent||43.8%||2,633|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Ezell Lee raised $7,750 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 47|
|Ezell Lee (D)||11,244||100%|
Lee is survived by his wife, Donna.
- Mississippi Senator Page
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Picayune Item, "Sen. Lee changes party," February 25, 2011
- Picayune Item "Former State Sen. Ezell Lee dies," May 22, 2012
- Mississippi Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Candidate List
- Mississippi State Senate official election results for 2007
- Follow the Money's report on Lee's 2007 campaign contributions
|Mississippi State Senate District 47
| Succeeded by|