F. James Whalen
|F. James Whalen|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maine State Senate District 29|
|M.D.||University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey|
|Place of birth||Waukegan, Illinois|
Whalen is currently an orthopedic surgeon. He attended the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, receiving an M.D.
Whalen's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Natural Resources And Roads
- Excerpt:"A principal cause for the decline in the forest products industry in DownEast Maine is an antiquated road system making the moving products to market not easily done here."
Infrastructure And Economic Recovery
- Excerpt:"Those students who grew up in Washington County and who have completed technical degrees in science and engineering lack opportunities to return here to apply their technical knowledge. The environment—transportation, communication and accommodation—is not friendly or focused to support these activities."
The Decline Of Physical And Social Connectivity As The Cause Of Fifty Years Of Poverty And The East-West Highway
- Excerpt:"Whenever state government turns its back on building infrastructure (roads, railways, airports and marine terminals) in rural areas, those populations become even more disconnected and rural."
- Excerpt:"Current infrastructure maintains sustained personal and community isolation within the region, in the rest of Maine and with our neighbors in New Brunswick."
- Excerpt:"Tourists contribute to the seasonal economy. Tourists mean jobs and employment."
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
Whalen and his wife Catherine have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Whalen + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart