|New York State Assembly District 51|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Ortiz's professional experiences include the United States Army; administration of criminal justice, New York City Mayor's Office; senior budget analyst for Office of Management and Budget; and administration manager for Bureau of Management and Budget, Office of Bronx Borough President.
Ortiz earned a BS in business administration from Boricua College and a MPA from New York University. He is married to Elba.
On November 4, 2008 Ortiz won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 51, defeating opponents Luis Garcia (R) and Grace Coen (C).
Ortiz raised $40,235 for his campaign while Garcia raised $0 and Coen raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 51 2008|
|Felix Ortiz (D)||16,302|
|Luis Garcia (R)||2,161|
|Grace Coen (C)||290|
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Correction Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. Felix Ortiz
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 51
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |