|New York State Assembly District 51|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
Ortiz's professional experiences include the United States Army; administration of criminal justice, New York City Mayor's Office; senior budget analyst for Office of Management and Budget; and administration manager for Bureau of Management and Budget, Office of Bronx Borough President.
Ortiz earned a BS in business administration from Boricua College and a MPA from New York University. He is married to Elba.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ortiz has been appointed to the following committees:
- Correction Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ortiz served on the following committees:
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Correction Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Ortiz ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Henry Lallave (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 51 2010|
|Felix Ortiz (D)||8,499|
|Henry Lallave (R)||1,655|
On November 4, 2008 Ortiz won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 51, defeating opponents Luis Garcia (R) and Grace Coen (C).
Ortiz raised $40,235 for his campaign while Garcia raised $0 and Coen raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 51 2008|
|Felix Ortiz (D)||16,302|
|Luis Garcia (R)||2,161|
|Grace Coen (C)||290|
In 2008, a year in which Ortiz was up for re-election, he collected $40,235 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Card Services Inc||$2,000|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$2,000|
|New York State Correctional Officers||$1,500|
|New York State United Teachers||$1,500|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Felix Ortiz
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 51
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |