Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire State Senate District 6|
|2010 - 2012|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
Groen is the owner/chief executive officer of Groen Builders Incorporated.
In the 2011-12 legislative session, Groen served on these committees:
|New Hampshire State Senate, District 6 General election (2010)|
|Fenton Groen (R)||9,345|
|Jacalyn Cilley (D)||7,854|
In 2010, a year in which Groen was up for re-election, he collected $48,897 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|New Hampshire State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Fenton Groen's campaign in 2010|
|Noronha, Marian & Susie||$2,000|
|Granite Ridge Energy Llc||$1,500|
|Brocks Plywood Sales||$1,075|
|Business & Industry Association Of New Hampshire||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$48,897|
Groen listed the following themes on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "We need to work to create a sustainable education funding plan that allows for targeted aid to communities and allows for a simple, fair, and reasonable education funding plan. We should encourage private education models that are educationally effective and cost effective. We should allow for parents to have more choices in their children’s education."
- Family Values
- Excerpt: "I agree with our Declaration of Independence that the most fundamental human right is the right to life. I will work tirelessly to protect human life at every stage of development."
Groen and his wife, Shirley, have seven children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Fenton + Groen + New + Hampshire + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Fenton Groen's official campaign website
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
Jacalyn Cilley (D)
|New Hampshire State Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|
Sam Cataldo (R)