Florida's 19th Congressional District elections, 2012
November 6, 2012
August 14, 2012
Theodore E. Deutch
|Candidate Filing Deadline||Primary Election||General Election|
Primary: Florida is one of 21 states to use a strictly closed primary system.
- See also: Florida elections, 2012
Note: Election results were added on election night as races were called. Vote totals were added after official election results had been certified. For more information about Ballotpedia's election coverage plan, click here. If you find any errors in this list, please email: Geoff Pallay.
General election candidates
August 14, 2012, primary results
- Note: : Tammy Hall: indicated her intent and filed to run in 2012, but on March 3, withdrew from the race.
|U.S. House, Florida District 19 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Blue vs. Red
Possible race ratings are:
Florida's 19th district is a solidly Republican district.
In June 2012, Sabato's Crystal Ball rated Florida's 19th as a solidly Republican district.
|News Press Poll, June 9, 2012|
|Poll||Gary Aubuchon||Joe Davidow||Byron Donalds||Chauncey Goss||Paige Kreegel||Trey Radel||Sample Size|
|Who do you support in the Republican primary for U.S. House District 19?||18.12%||8.58%||27.33%||12.13%||16.87%||16.98%||5,994|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to|
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in Florida
Prior to redistricting, the 19th district included parts of Palm Beach and Broward counties including the cities of Coral Springs, Margate, and Greenacres.
FairVote's Monopoly Politics 2012 study
- See also: FairVote's Monopoly Politics 2012
In 2012, FairVote did a study on partisanship in the congressional districts, giving each a percentage ranking (D/R) based on the new 2012 maps and comparing that to the old 2010 maps. Partisanship figures from 2010 relating to the incumbent are unavailable for this district due to the seat being open.
- 2012: 39D / 61R
- 2010: Unavailable
Cook Political Report's PVI
In 2012, Cook Political Report released its updated figures on the Partisan Voter Index, which measures each congressional district's partisanship relative to the rest of the country. Florida's 19th congressional district has a PVI of R+11, which is the 96th most Republican district in the country. In 2008, this district was won by John McCain (R), 57-43 percent over Barack Obama (D). In 2004, George W. Bush (R) won the district 62-38 percent over John Kerry (D).
|U.S. House of Representatives, Florida's 19th Congressional District Special Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Theodore E. Deutch||62.6%||132,098|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Florida, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- United States Senate elections in Florida, 2012
- Ted Deutch's Campaign Website
- Updated Florida Congressional Districts List
- Florida 2012 Redistricting Map
- ABC News "2012 General Election Results"
- Florida Department of State "Register to Vote," Accessed April 25, 2012
- Florida 2012 Redistricting Map "Map" Accessed July 5, 2012
- Florida Election Division "Candidate List" accessed March 28, 2012
- AP Results "U.S. House Results" accessed August 14, 2012
- Naples News "POLL: Connie Mack jolts two races with Senate bid" accessed December 3, 2011
- Wink News Now "Rush to run for Congress begins" accessed December 3, 2011
- Wink News "Tammy Hall Won't Be Running for Congress" accessed May 6, 2012
- Center for Politics "2012 House Ratings," Updated June 27, 2012
- News Press "District 19 Republican Primary Poll "Accessed July 7, 2012
- The Washington Post "Breaking down the Florida GOP’s redistricting map" Accessed February 29, 2012
- Moonshadow Mobile's CensusViewer "Florida's congressional districts 2001-2011 comparison"
- Labels & Lists "VoterMapping software voter counts"
- "2011 Redistricting and 2012 Elections in Arizona," September 2012
- Cook Political Report "Partisan Voting Index Districts of the 113th Congress: 2004 & 2008" Accessed October 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of April, 10 2010"