Florida 1908 ballot measures
Revision as of 12:42, 5 June 2013 by JWilliams
Florida in the general election on November 3, 1908.Three statewide ballot measures were on the ballot in
- All of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Judiciary||States the Legislature shall set judicial salaries|
|Amendment 2||Education||Provides for a 1 mill tax to support and maintain several educational institutions|
|Amendment 3||Judiciary||Relates to allowing additional judicial circuits|
- Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1907-1908)
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-3-08
- Sample Ballot (in The Pensacola Journal, November 1, 1908)
- Opinion piece on the three amendments (in the Miami News, October 31, 1908)
- Election Notice (in the Kissimmee Valley Gazette, October 30, 1908)