Florida Casino Gambling, Amendment 9 (1978)
- This amendment sought to modify Article X of the Florida Constitution to authorize privately owned casinos within a restricted geographic area.
|Florida Amendment 9 (1978)|
Election results via: Florida Elections Division
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution; authorizing state regulated, privately owned gambling casinos, but only in a restricted, designated area of eastern Dade County and southern Broward County extending approximately 16 miles north of Government Cut along the oceanfront; providing for the support of free public schools and local law enforcement in the several counties.||”|
- Text of the measure
- Election Results
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-7-78
- General Election Sample Ballot (in the Ocala Star-Banner, November 5, 1978 -- See One Page Right of Link)
- A political ad regarding the amendments (in the Ocala Star-Banner, November 4, 1978)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-7-78"
- Florida Secretary of State, Division of Elections, "Initiative Information"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |
Florida ballot initiatives
Monorail ('00) • Workplace Smoking ('02) • Universal Pre-Kindergarten ('02) • Class Sizes ('02) • Animal Cruelty ('02) • University Governing Boards ('02) • Medical Liability ('04) • Miami-Dade Slots ('04) • Minimum Wage ('04) • High Speed Rail ('04) • Patient's Right to Know ('04) • Protection from Medical Malpractice ('04) • Tobacco Education ('06) • Marriage ('08)
Term Limits ('92) • Homestead Valuation Limits ('92) • Net Fishing ('94) • Government Revenue Limit ('94) • Casino Legalization ('94) • Tax Limitation ('96) • Everglades Sugar Fee ('96) • Everglades Water Pollution ('96) • Everglades Trust Fund ('96)