Florida Executive Director of the Department of Economic Opportunity
|Florida Executive Director of the Department of Economic Opportunity|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|Length of term:||Serves at the pleasure of the governor|
|Authority:||Florida Statutes, 20.60|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by the governor|
|Assumed office:||January 2013|
|Other Florida Executive Offices|
|Governor•Lieutenant Governor•Secretary of State•Attorney General•Chief Financial Officer•Commissioner of Education•Agriculture Commissioner•Insurance Commissioner•Environmental Protection Secretary•Economic Opportunity Director•Public Service Commission|
Officially opening its doors on October 1, 2011, the Department combined the Agency for Workforce Innovation, the Department of Community Affairs and the Governor’s Office of Tourism, Trade and Economic Development.
The office of Executive Director of the Department of Economic Opportunity is established by state law.
Florida Statutes, 20.60
The head of the department is the executive director, who shall be appointed by the Governor, subject to confirmation by the Senate. The executive director shall serve at the pleasure of and report to the Governor.
There are no term limits associated with the office of executive director.
The executive director of the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, which helps Floridians by providing opportunities through workforce, community and economic development strategies.
- Strategic Business Development
- Community Development
- Workforce Services
- Finance and Administration
- Information Technology
In 2012, the executive director received a salary of $133,350.
Department of Economic Opportunity
107 East Madison Street Caldwell Building Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4120
Phone: (850) 245-7105 Fax: (850) 921-3223
- Florida State Senate, "2011 Florida Statutes - 20.60 Department of Economic Opportunity; creation; powers and duties," accessed July 20, 2012
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, "Florida’s New Department of Economic Opportunity Set to Open for Business," September 30, 2011
- [http://www.floridajobs.org/news-center/news-feed/2013/01/08/deo-names-legislative-affairs-staff Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, "Press release: DEO Names Legislative Affairs Staff," Jan 08, 2013]
- News Herald, "UPDATED: State's top economic official resigns amid questions," December 4, 2012
- Tampa Bay Business Journal, "Hunting Deutsch appointed to direct Florida DEO," April 13, 2012
- Florida Statutes, "20.60," accessed December 12, 2012
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity "About Us," Accessed December 12, 2012