Florida Local Property Tax Exemptions and Citizen Access to Local Officials, Amendment 10 (1998)
The Florida Local Property Tax Exemptions and Citizen Access to Local Officials Amendment, also known as Amendment 10, was a commission referral in Florida which was defeated on the ballot on November 3, 1998.
This amendment sought to modify Articles VII and VIII of the Florida Constitution to expand local property tax exemptions. Amendment 10 was one of nine ballot measures placed on the 1998 Florida ballot by the Florida Constitution Revision Commission.
|Florida Amendment 10 (1998)|
Election results via: Florida Division of Elections.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Local And Municipal Property Tax Exemptions And Citizen Access To Local Officials.—Broadens tax exemption for governmental uses of municipal property; authorizes legislature to exempt certain municipal and special district property used for airport, seaport, or public purposes; permits local option tax exemption for property used for conservation purposes; permits local option tangible personal property tax exemption for attachments to mobile homes and certain residential rental furnishings; removes limitations on citizens' ability to communicate with local officials about matters which are the subject of public hearings.||”|
- 1998 ballot measures
- List of Florida ballot measures
- Florida 1998 ballot measures
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission
- Analysis of Amendment 10
- Details of measure from the Florida Secretary of State
- Florida ballot measure database
- Journals of the 1997-1998 Constitution Revision Commission
- November 3, 1998 constitutional amendment election results
- Florida Secretary of State, Division of Elections, "Initiative Information"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |