For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida Motor Vehicles Tax Definition, Amendment 5 (1965)
|Florida Amendment 5 (1965)|
Unofficial election results via: Ocala Star-Banner (November 3, 1965)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
Taxation—Proposing an amendment to Article IX, Section 13 of the State Constitution to include mobile homes, trailer coaches, house trailers, etc., under the definition of “motor vehicles” and thus subject to a license tax only.
Section 13. Motor Vehicles Subject to Single Property Tax. Motor vehicles, as property, shall be subject to only one (1) form of taxation which shall be a license tax for the operation of such motor vehicles, which license tax shall be in such amount and levied for such purpose as the legislature may, by law, provide, and shall be in lieu of all ad valorem taxes assessable against motor vehicles as personal property.
"Motor vehicles" as that term is used herein also includes mobile homes, trailer coaches, house trailers, camper type mobile homes mounted and transported wholly upon the body of a self-propelled vehicle, or any type of trailer or vehicle body without independent motive power drawn by or carried upon a self-propelled vehicle designed for and used either as a means of transporting persons or property over the public streets and highways of this state or for furnishing housing accommodations, or both; provided, however, any included vehicle herein shall be subject to a license tax as an operable motor vehicle regardless of its actual use unless the included vehicle is permanently affixed to the land, in which case it shall be taxable as real property.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by Senate Joint Resolution 751 of 1965.
- The amendment was approved by the Governor on June 24, 1965.
- The amendment was filed with the Secretary of State on June 25, 1965.
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-2-65
- Sample Ballot (in the Ocala Star-Banner, October 25, 1965)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-2-65"
- Ocala Star-Banner, "Voting Machine Sample Ballot," October 25, 1965
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.