Florida Orange County Justice of the Peace District Boundaries, Amendment 10 (1966)
The Florida Orange County Justice of the Peace District Boundaries Amendment, also known as Amendment 10, was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment in Florida which was approved on the ballot on November 8, 1966.
- This amendment modified Article V of the Florida Constitution to authorize the board of county commissioners of Orange County to revise justice of the peace district boundaries.
|Florida Amendment 10 (1966)|
Election results via: Florida Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
JUDICIAL, Orange County Justices of Peace Districts. Proposing an amendment to Article V of the State Constitution, authorizing the Board of County Commissioners of Orange County to revise the boundaries of any Justice of the Peace District in the county without referendum upon resolution, public hearing and published notice, providing that no existing district shall be dissolved except as otherwise provided by law.
Section __. Orange County; Boundaries of Justice of Peace Districts. The board of county commissioners of Orange County may at any time upon resolution, alter, change or revise the boundary of any justice of the peace district within Orange County without referendum; provided that no existing justice of the peace district shall be dissolved or otherwise eliminated except as otherwise provided by law. A public hearing shall be held on the proposed resolution with ten (10) days’ notice published in a newspaper of general circulation in the county.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by House Joint Resolution 748 of 1965.
- The amendment was approved by the Governor on June 4, 1965.
- The amendment was filed with the Secretary of State on June 7, 1963.
- Tabulation of Official Votes Cast in the General Election (1966)
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-8-66
- Sample Ballot (in the Ocala Star-Banner, November 1, 1966)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-8-66"
- Ocala Star-Banner, "Automatic Voting Machine Sample Ballot," November 1, 1966
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |