For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida Permission First for Tax Increases Initiative (2008)
Revision as of 20:53, 12 August 2013 by JaimeB
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
The Florida chapter of "Ax the Tax" sponsored the initiative. They would have liked the following to be put into place:
- Rollback local budgets to 2000-2001 levels adjusted for inflation and population growth.
- Establish a 3% cap on all government expenditures growth.
- Establish a 3% cap on all government revenue growth.
- Voter approval of any taxes beyond these caps – our local governments can no longer be trusted with this responsibility.
- Surplus revenues should be returned to taxpayers.
- School funding would be exempt from both caps.
|state ballot measure article is a stub. You can help people learn by expanding it.|