Florida Tax Limitation, Amendment 1 (1996)
- This amendment modified Article XI of the Florida Constitution to require two-thirds of voters to approve tax increase amendments.
|Florida Amendment 1 (1996)|
Election results via: Florida Division of Elections.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“||Prohibits imposition of new state taxes or fees on or after November 8, 1994 by constitutional amendment unless approved by two-thirds of the voters voting in the election. Defines "new State taxes or fees" as revenue subject to appropriation by State Legislature, which tax or fee is not in effect on November 7, 1994. Applies to proposed State tax and fee amendments on November 8, 1994 ballot and those on later ballots.||”|
- 1996 ballot measures
- Florida 1996 ballot measures
- List of Florida ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- 1996 Florida ballot measure election results
- Details of measure from the Florida Secretary of State
- 1996 General Election Sample Ballot (from Key West)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |