Floyd B. McKissick, Jr.
|North Carolina State Senate District 20|
| 2007 - Present|
|November 6, 2012|
|Years in position ||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||April 17, 2007|
|Master's||Harvard University, University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill|
|J.D.||Duke University School of Law|
|Profession||Partner, McKissick and McKissick|
is a Democratic
member of the North Carolina State Senate
, representing District 20. He was first appointed to the chamber in April 2007.
McKissick earned his B.A. in Geography from Clark University, and his M.A. in Regional Planning from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. McKissick also earned his M.P.A in Public Administration from Harvard University and J.D. from Duke University School of Law. He has been a partner at McKissick and McKissick since 1990. McKissick is a former member of the Durham City Council and Durham City Board of Adjustment.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McKissick served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McKissick served on these committees:
- See also: North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Floyd McKissick was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: North Carolina State Senate elections, 2012
McKissick defeated Ralph McKinney in the Democratic primary on May 8. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012
||Floyd McKissick Incumbent
|North Carolina State Senate District 20 Democratic Primary, 2012
Floyd McKissick Incumbent
| Ralph McKinney
- See also: North Carolina State Senate elections, 2010
McKissick won re-election to the North Carolina State Senate District 20, defeating John Tarantino (R) in the November 2 general election.
| North Carolina Senate, General Election Results, District 20 (2010)
| Floyd McKissick (D)
| John Tarantino (R)
McKissick was not opposed in the primary election on May 4, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, McKissick was re-elected to the 20th District Seat in the North Carolina State Senate, besting Kenneth Chandler (R) and David Rollins (L). McKissick raised $39,280 for his campaign, while Chandler and Rollins did not raise any money.
| North Carolina Senate, District 20 (2008)
| Floyd McKissick (D)
| Kenneth Chandler (R)
| David Rollins (L)
Comprehensive donor information for McKissick is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, McKissick raised a total of $173,716 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 28, 2013.
McKissick won re-election to the North Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, McKissick raised a total of $80,990
|North Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Floyd McKissick's campaign in 2012|
|Bernstein, Ronald J||$4,000|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||$4,000|
|North Carolina Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$3,750|
|Green, Isaac H||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$80,990|
|Source: Follow the Money
McKissick won re-election to the North Carolina State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, McKissick raised a total of $53,446
|North Carolina State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Floyd McKissick's campaign in 2010|
|Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians||$3,000|
|North Carolina Democratic Party||$2,389|
|Total Raised in 2010||$53,446|
|Source: Follow the Money
McKissick currently resides in Durham, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Floyd + McKissick + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Floyd McKissick News Feed
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- ↑ North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," Accessed March 9, 2012
- ↑ General Election Results
- ↑ 2010 North Carolina Primary Election Results
- ↑ 2008 election results, North Carolina Senate
- ↑ North Carolina Senate spending, 2008
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "McKissick Jr, Floyd B" Accessed August 28, 2013
| Political offices
|North Carolina State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|