|Minnesota State Senate District 67|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas|
|Master's||Rochester Institute of Technology|
|Place of birth||Laos, Vietnam|
|Profession||Multimedia Producer, Digital Motion LLC|
Hawj's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"St. Paul’s East Side has one of the highest foreclosure rates in the metropolitan area. It is destroying families and neighborhoods. I will make sure that mortgage companies are doing everything to help homeowners keep their homes."
Job Development and Training Opportunities
- Excerpt:"I plan to create jobs by supporting small businesses, entrepreneurs and green initiatives. I will work with city leaders to market the East Side to attract businesses and make sure that companies hire locally."
- Excerpt:"I will fight hard to promote quality education for the East Side, and close the student achievement gap by holding the state to its commitment to our school. "
Better Healthcare for Seniors
- Excerpt:"I will fight for more affordable healthcare for our elderly and make sure that they have adequate supports in their own homes."
Environmental and Green Initiatives
- Excerpt:"We are blessed to have beautiful parks and green spaces throughout the East Side. The Mississippi River is a national treasure in our backyard. I will support efforts to protect, improve, and expand our green spaces and natural resources."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hawj served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Energy|
|• Jobs, Agriculture and Rural Development|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Hawj won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate, District 66. He defeated Tom Dimond and Robert Humphrey in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Mike Capistrant (R) in the general election on November 6.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 67, General Election, 2012|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 67 Democratic Primary, 2012|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Hawj was a Democratic-Farmer-Labor candidate for District 67 of the Minnesota State Senate. The primary election was on August 10, 2010 and the general election was on November 2. John Harrington advanced to the general election.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
John Harrington (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 67
| Succeeded by|