Francis Becker Jr.
|Francis Becker Jr.|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 4|
Becker is a Nassau County legislator and owns a financial planning business.
Becker is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 4th District. He is seeking the nomination on the Republican and Conservative Party tickets and will face Frank Scaturro in the June 26 Republican primary.
As a 10-term county legislator, Becker has the backing of the Nassau County Republicans and the Conservative Party over Scaturro. Both candidates agree on the need to repeal Obamacare, the need to support Israel, and the need to curtail entitlement programs.
Becker defeated Scaturro in the Republican primary in 2010. Both have hopes for a defeating McCarthy in the general election, with the redrawn district possibly being more favorable to Republicans this year.
|U.S. House, New York Congressional District 4 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Carolyn McCarthy Incumbent||53.6%||94,483|
|Republican||Francis X. Becker, Jr.||46.4%||81,718|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Francis + Becker + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Island Now "Becker takes second shot for Congress," June 7, 2012
- New York Board of Elections "Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," Accessed June 11, 2012
- Wantagh Patch "Republicans Gear up for Primary Battle in McCarthy's District," June 7, 2012
- South Shore Standard "Becker-Scaturro Vying in June GOP Primary," May 25, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |