Francis Becker Jr.
|Francis Becker Jr.|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 4|
Becker is a Nassau County legislator and owns a financial planning business.
Becker ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 4th District. He sought the nomination on the Republican and Conservative Party tickets and defeated Frank Scaturro in the June 26 Republican primary. Becker lost to incumbent Carolyn McCarthy (D) in the general election.
As a 10-term county legislator, Becker had the backing of the Nassau County Republicans and the Conservative Party over Scaturro. Both candidates agree on the need to repeal Obamacare, the need to support Israel, and the need to curtail entitlement programs.
|U.S. House, New York Congressional District 4 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Carolyn McCarthy Incumbent||53.6%||94,483|
|Republican||Francis X. Becker, Jr.||46.4%||81,718|
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Becker's reports.
|Carolyn McCarthy Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$872.40||$3,100||$(127.39)||$3,845.01|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$16,709.87||$9,295||$(13,947.26)||$12,057.61|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Francis + Becker + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN "New York Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- The Island Now "Becker takes second shot for Congress," June 7, 2012
- New York Board of Elections "Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," Accessed June 11, 2012
- AP "2012 primary results"
- Wantagh Patch "Republicans Gear up for Primary Battle in McCarthy's District," June 7, 2012
- South Shore Standard "Becker-Scaturro Vying in June GOP Primary," May 25, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Federal Election Commission, "Francis Becker Jr. April Quarterly Report," Accessed October 15, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Francis Becker Jr.'s July Quarterly Report," Accessed October 15, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |