Francis Becker Jr.
|Francis Becker Jr.|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 4|
Becker is a Nassau County legislator and owns a financial planning business.
- Jobs and the Economy: "We need to get the government out of the way of the entrepreneur and undo the policies and regulations enacted in the last four years that have stymied recovery. We need to increase our domestic energy production so that we have enough low cost energy to power our economy. We need to reform our tax policies to make America a more competitive place to do business and to start a business. We need to rein in spending and pay down our debt to restore the buying power of the Dollar and stave off inflation." 
- Healthcare Reform: "As part of the new Congress and new Administration, I plan to vote for a full repeal of Obamacare and enact free-market based reforms in it’s place."
- Energy Independence: "To get Americans back to work and have enough inexpensive energy to power economic recovery, as Congressman I will support policies that accelerate domestic energy exploration and production, support the construction of the Keystone Pipeline and end government speculation with taxpayer money in the green energy industry."
- National Debt & Spending: "The Obama Administration has added 5 trillion to the national debt more than all other President’s combined. Adding this much debt almost ensures the servitude of children and grandchildren to paying down this bill. This burden will make the American dream almost completely unattainable. The next Congress will make have to make the tough decisions to rein in spending and pay down the national debt."
- National Defense: "The threat to America and her interests abroad have not diminished to the extent that the U.S. Government should be contemplating dramatic cuts to the Defense Department. This is not the time to reduce our missile arsenal. The transformation of our Military structure and inventory that began under Donald Rumsfeld must be allowed to continue. "
- Israel: "Israel is one of the United States most important allies . Our alliance is not only a strategic one but also a spiritual one. The State of Israel is a beacon of freedom and democracy in the Middle East and the only country in the region where all faiths and ethnic groups are free to live and worship in peace and safety. Israel needs our assurance that the United States will be with her in her efforts to defend against terrorist attacks and the threat of nuclear annihilation from her enemies. "
- 2nd Amendment: "We must remember that violence is about the people committing the crime not the guns themselves. In New York, we have some of the strictest gun laws in the entire nation, yet we are not immune to crimes and loss of life involving guns. In its attempts to stop gun violence, congress must not do anything to infringe upon the legitimate rights of hunters and sportsmen and the right of all Americans to defend themselves."
Becker ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 4th District. Scaturro sought the Republican nomination in the primary. The general election took place November 4, 2014.</ref name=Becker>
Becker ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 4th District. He sought the nomination on the Republican and Conservative Party tickets and defeated Frank Scaturro in the June 26 Republican primary. Becker lost to incumbent Carolyn McCarthy (D) in the general election.
As a 10-term county legislator, Becker had the backing of the Nassau County Republicans and the Conservative Party over Scaturro. Both candidates agree on the need to repeal Obamacare, the need to support Israel, and the need to curtail entitlement programs.
|U.S. House, New York District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Carolyn McCarthy Incumbent||54.7%||163,955|
|Republican||Francis Becker Jr.||28.6%||85,693|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections "U.S. House of Representatives Results"|
|U.S. House, New York District 4 Republican Primary, 2012|
|U.S. House, New York District 4 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Carolyn McCarthy Incumbent||53.6%||94,483|
|Republican||Francis X. Becker, Jr.||46.4%||81,718|
|U.S. House, New York, District 4, 2012 - Francis Becker Jr. Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$2,278,000|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,860,331|
|Top contributors to Francis Becker Jr.'s campaign committee|
|Becker & Assoc||$20,214|
|P Hendel Products Partners||$2,500|
|Rosicki, Rosicki & Assoc||$2,400|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Civil Servants/Public Officials||$3,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Francis + Becker + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website, "About", accessed January 9, 2014
- CNN "New York Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- The Island Now "Becker takes second shot for Congress," June 7, 2012
- Campaign website, "Issues", accessed January 9, 2014
- Garden City Patch, "Update: McCarthy Will Not Seek Reelection," January 8, 2014
- New York Board of Elections "Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," Accessed June 11, 2012
- AP "2012 primary results"
- Wantagh Patch "Republicans Gear up for Primary Battle in McCarthy's District," June 7, 2012
- South Shore Standard "Becker-Scaturro Vying in June GOP Primary," May 25, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Francis Becker 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed May 17, 2013
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |