|Pennsylvania State House District 33|
|1991 - Present|
|November, 30 2012|
|Years in position||23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Columbia University, 1973|
|J.D.||Indiana University School of Law, 1982|
|Place of birth||Scranton, PA|
Dermody earned his BA in History from Columbia University in 1973. He went on to receive his JD from Indiana University School of Law in 1982.
After earning his law degree, Dermody began working as an attorney. He also worked as District Justice for Verona from 1987 to 1989.
Dermody was on the Policy Committee of the Democratic Caucus. He joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1991 and has served in that position since.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dermody has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Dermody served on these committees:
Dermody ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 33. Dermody ran unchallenged in the Democratic primary on April 24 and defeated Gerry Vaerewyck (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania State House, District 33|
|Frank Dermody (D)||11,305||56.2%|
|Gerry Vaerewyck (R)||8,799||43.8%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 33|
|Frank Dermody (D)||14,601||51.0%|
On 7 November 2006, Dermody won re-election to represent the 33rd District in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. He received 11,317 votes, or 51.0 percent of the total vote. His Republican challenger, Eileen Watt, received 10,893 votes, or 49.1 percent of the total vote.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 33, 2006|
|Democratic||Frank Dermody Incumbent||51%||11,317|
Dermody raised $454,312 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania Democratic Party||$57,547|
|House Democratic Campaign Cmte Of Pennsylvania||$46,784|
|21St Century Leadership Fund||$25,000|
|Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association||$20,000|
|Pennsylvania Association For Justice||$18,000|
|Pennsylvania Education Association||$17,000|
Dermody and his wife, Debra, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Frank + Dermody + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Frank Dermody
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2006 General Election Official Returns, Representative in the General Assembly," 7 November 2006, accessed 21 April 2012
- Follow the Money, 2010 campaign contributors to Frank Dermody
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |