|Michigan House of Representatives District 107|
|January 1, 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Grand Valley State University|
|Profession||Business Manager, Construction Company|
Foster is the business manager for his family's third generation construction company.
Foster graduated from Grand Valley State University's Seidman College of Business where he earned his B.B.A. in Finance.
Foster's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Lowered unemployment and increased available jobs"
- Excerpt:"Eliminated obsolete and over-burdensome regulations"
- Excerpt:"Eliminated the job-killing Michigan Business Tax"
- Excerpt:"Expanded educational opportunities for K-12 students"
- Excerpt:"Balanced by the budget by June 1st, two years in a row"
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Foster served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Commerce, Chair|
|• Health Policy|
|• Michigan Competitiveness|
|• Tax Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Foster served on these committees:
Foster won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 107. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Suzanne Shumway (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 107, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Frank Foster Incumbent||58%||25,301|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 107 General election (2010)|
|Frank Foster (R)||19,337|
|Richard Timmer (D)||11,350|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Foster raised $116,400 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Michigan Farm Bureau||$5,000|
|Republican Victory Cmte||$4,000|
|Michigan Association Of Realtors||$3,000|
|Wayne Schmidt Leadership Fund||$3,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Frank + Foster + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Frank Foster received a 69% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- "fosterforhouse," Official Campaign Website
- Mitt Romney Campaign Website "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Michigan Speaker of The House Jase Bolger and Additional Members of The Michigan Legislature," September 19, 2011
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
- 2010 contributions
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 25, 2012
Gary McDowell (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 107
2011 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |