|U.S. House, Texas, District 6|
|Associate's||Florida College, 1972|
|Bachelor's||Florida College, 1974|
|Date of birth||December 15, 1952|
|Place of birth||Paris, AR|
Kuchar attended Florida College from 1970 to 1974. He received his A.A. in 1972 and his C.A. in Biblical Studies in 1974. He attended Covenant Theological Seminary from 1974 to 1976 and preached from then until 1981. Kuchar has since worked for a number of businesses in various accounting positions.
Kuchar's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "Our foreign policy must have a cohesive consistency, based upon real world situations, with clear and precise goals in mind. Foremost in those goals must be the best interest of America, and what will most preserve our heritage, sovereignty, freedom and liberties. Every action, every treaty, every endeavor must be viewed against that backdrop."
- Excerpt: "The current approach by our leaders in Washington towards immigration threatens to undo all the contributions that prior immigrants have made to our American heritage."
- Excerpt: "The root of our country's financial problem is a constitutional one, namely, our representatives and others in government neither understand nor they respect the limitations placed upon them by our Constitution."
- Gun Rights
- Excerpt: "The push by the federal government to force unconstitutional gun control upon us has alarmed a vast majority of the citizenry to the danger of a statist government trying to strip them of their liberties by denying the second most unalienable of our natural rights - that of self-preservation/defense (the first being the right to life)."
- Excerpt: "The prices of all of our goods and services are going up because they all require energy to either produce, maintain and deliver and we have to look no further than Washington to see why."
Kuchar's campaign website listed the following issues:
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "Ayn Rand once said, ."..political freedom cannot exist without economic freedom." The economy is my first and highest priority."
- States Rights
- Excerpt: "It was our founders' intention that the states would be the "protector" of the rights of the people from the encroachment of the general government. "
- Judicial Reform
- Excerpt: .".. they assume the aura of 'gods' possessing superior wisdom who determine what is best for us by usurping the authority of our elected representatives."
- Excerpt: "The matter of immigration is inextricably woven into the other serious matters confronting our nation, namely national security, border safety, citizenship, and "balkanization." "
- Excerpt: "There is much talk about our need for a "sound energy policy," but that is not the answer to our energy problem. Indeed, government policy and planning is our problem. "
- Term Limits
- Excerpt: .".. living within the confines of the District of Columbia distorts your perspective of what is best and needed by the country and what are the desires of the citizens 'back home.'"
|U.S. House, Texas District 6 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Joe Barton Incumbent||72.7%||32,618|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|Frank Kuchar (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 11, 2013||$54||$845||$(407)||$492|
|October Quarterly||October 13, 2013||$492||$7,690||$(3,143)||$5,038|
|Year-End||January 6, 2014||$5,038||$4,407||$(5,614)||$3,832|
Kuchar and his wife, Joyce, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Frank + Kuchar + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 6th Congressional District
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Star-Telegram, "A crowded District 6 race," September 14, 2011
- Campaign website, "Meet Frank," accessed January 17, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 17, 2014
- Campaign website, Issues
- Texas Secretary of State, 2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Texas GOP, "Republican candidate list," accessed May 10, 2012
- Texas Secretary of State, "Unofficial Republican primary results," May 29, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Frank Kuchar July Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Frank Kuchar October Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Frank Kuchar Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |