Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 4|
|J.D.||University of Pennsylvania School of Law|
Scaturro is an attorney. He graduated magna cum laude with his bachelor's degree from Columbia University and earned his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law. He has been an aide to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee and in the process of nominating Supreme Court Justices John Roberts and Samuel Alito.
According to his website, Scaturro's campaign platform includes the following issues:
- Reduce and simplify taxes
- Reduce the role of government and insurance companies in health care
- Expand renewable energy and domestic oil production
Scaturro is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 4th District. He is seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket and will face Francis Becker Jr. in the June 26 Republican primary.
Becker defeated Scaturro in the Republican primary in 2010. Both have hopes for a defeating McCarthy in the general election, with the redrawn district possibly being more favorable to Republicans this year.
Becker has distributed flyers accusing Scaturro of secretly being an "Arlen-Specter Democrat." This criticism arises because Scaturro was an aide to the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which Specter was the chairman. Scaturro, however, retorted that he is a strong Republican, and that he did not switch camps with Specter.
On the issues, both candidates agree on the need to repeal Obamacare, the need to support Israel, and the need to curtail entitlement programs.
- Frank Scaturro campaign website "About Frank," Accessed June 21, 2012
- Frank Scaturro campaign website "Issues," Accessed June 21, 2012
- Wantagh Patch "Republicans Gear up for Primary Battle in McCarthy's District," June 7, 2012
- South Shore Standard "Becker-Scaturro Vying in June GOP Primary," May 25, 2012
- Newsday "4th C.D.: Scaturro blasts Becker attack flyer as 'flatly false'," June 21, 2012
- The Island Now "Becker takes second shot for Congress," June 7, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |