Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 100|
|State Assembly District 100|
Skartados' professional experiences include teaching environmental studies and American History for the New York Military Academy; serving as chair of the health department for New York Military Academy; and working as an intern for the Center Against Apartheid for the United Nations.
Skartados earneed his BA in political science from the State University of New York at New Paltz and a MA in international studies from State Universty of California at Sacramento.
Skartados faces John Forman (R) in the March 20, 2012 special election. Skartados is also running on the Working Family Party ticket. Forma is also running on the Independence and Conservative Party tickets.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Skartados lost to challenger Thomas Kirwan (R) in the 2010 Assembly race for District 100 by 15 votes. Skartados ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. Skartados maintains he will appeal a judge's decision.
On November 4, 2008 Skartados won election to the New York State Assembly, District 100, defeating opponent Tom Kirwan (R).
Skartados raised $6,965 for his campaign while Kirwan raised $31,910.
|New York State Assembly, District 100 2008|
|Frank Skartados (D)||22,501|
|Tom Kirwan (R)||21,605|
In the 2008 election, Skartados raised a total of $6,965.
His four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Skartados, Frank K||$3,260|
During his tenure in the Assembly, Skartados was appointed to the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. Frank Skartados
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- RecordOnline, "Assemblyman Thomas Kirwan of Newburgh dies at 78," November 29, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Skartados
- NY State Board of Elections, Candidate List, February 28, 2012
- Politics on the Hudson, "Kirwan Wins Court Ruling On Election," February 16, 2011
- New York Daily News "New York needs a single standard, not three, for deciding razor-close elections," January 30, 2011
- Midhudson news "Kirwan up by a dozen votes," January 21, 2011
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|New York Assembly - District 100
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |