New York State Senate, District 34
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Vernuccio ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. Vernuccio was defeated by incumbent Jeffrey Klein (D) in the general election on November 2. Vernuccio ran as a member of the Republican and Conservative party.
Vernuccio's campaign website lists several key priorities:
- Cut taxes immediately
- Cut wasteful spending, balance the budget, and make government lean and efficient
- Reduce the size of government
- Make New York business friendly -- create jobs, jobs, jobs by encouraging employers to move into and stay in NY!
- Lower utility costs
- End official tolerance for illegal immigration in our state
- Make state government open, honest and accountable
- Eliminate the cap on charter schools & make NY's public schools the best in the nation
- Establish tuition tax credits
- Be accessible to you the voters -- end “pay for play” politics -- no excuses!
- Protect your health care
- End government funding for partial birth abortion immediately
- Protect New Yorkers from crime and terrorism
- Protect 2nd Amendment and all your rights as citizens
- BA, Fordham University
- JD, Hofstra Law School
- Coomunity Action Civic Association Inc., June 2008 to Present
- NYS Workers' Compensation Board, February 2002 to June 2008
- Bronx Borough President
- Prentice Hall Publishing, Editor of Legal/Legislative Affairs
Friends of Vernuccio
3148 Fairmount Ave.
Bronx, NY 10465
- Official campaign website
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official Project Vote Smart Biography
- Imagine Election profile