Fred Mills, Jr.
|Fred Mills, Jr.|
|Louisiana State Senate District 22|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 9, 2012
|Website||House site Campaign Site|
Mills is the President/Chief Executive Officer of Farmers-Merchants Banks, and Owner/Pharmacist of Mills Cashway Pharmacy.
He as a member of the Acadiana Delegation, Democratic Caucus, and the Louisiana Rural Caucus.
Mill's 2011 campaign site discusses his campaign themes:
- "In his announcement Mills stated that he would consider an opportunity to serve the people of District 22 an honor since the entire area has so much potential given that the two Parishes, Iberia and St. Martin, have strength in their commonality, both geographically and economically, strong family values, and a strong commitment to faith. Mills added 'this district is fortunate to have two (2) major federal highways, Interstate 10 and Highway 90, the world class Port of Iberia, three (3) major sugar mills, oil and gas resources, the vast Atchafalaya Basin and abundant coastal resources that provide some of the best hunting, fishing, and seafood in the nation, a robust tourism industry, and the historic Bayou Teche that traverses much of the District. We need a Senator that will provide the leadership to take advantage of these resources by helping to create jobs for our families and I want to be that person.' "
Mills faces 5 other candidates in the District 22 special election for the Louisiana State Senate.The special election primary takes place on January 22. All candidates, regardless of affiliation, will appear on the ballot. If no candidate receives more than 50% of the votes, the election will proceed to a run-off on February 19.
- Current Candidates:
- Campaign Site
- Campaign Facebook Page
- Louisiana House of Representatives - Fred Mills, Jr.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |