Fred Mills, Jr.
|Fred Mills, Jr.|
|Louisiana State Senate District 22|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 9, 2012
Mills is the President/Chief Executive Officer of Farmers-Merchants Banks, and Owner/Pharmacist of Mills Cashway Pharmacy.
He is a member of the Acadiana Delegation, Democratic Caucus, and the Louisiana Rural Caucus.
Mill's 2011 campaign site discusses his campaign themes:
- "In his announcement Mills stated that he would consider an opportunity to serve the people of District 22 an honor since the entire area has so much potential given that the two Parishes, Iberia and St. Martin, have strength in their commonality, both geographically and economically, strong family values, and a strong commitment to faith. Mills added 'this district is fortunate to have two (2) major federal highways, Interstate 10 and Highway 90, the world class Port of Iberia, three (3) major sugar mills, oil and gas resources, the vast Atchafalaya Basin and abundant coastal resources that provide some of the best hunting, fishing, and seafood in the nation, a robust tourism industry, and the historic Bayou Teche that traverses much of the District. We need a Senator that will provide the leadership to take advantage of these resources by helping to create jobs for our families and I want to be that person.' "
No committees found.
Mills defeated 5 other candidates in the District 22 special election for the Louisiana State Senate. The special election primary took place on January 22. All candidates, regardless of affiliation, appeared on the ballot. Since Mills received more than 50% of the votes, the election will not proceed to a run-off.
- Current Candidates:
- Campaign Site
- Campaign Facebook Page
- Louisiana House of Representatives - Fred Mills, Jr.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
Troy Hebert (I)
|Louisiana State Senate District 22
| Succeeded by|
|Louisiana Louisiana House of Representatives District 46
| Succeeded by|
Mike "Pete" Huval