Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 29|
|Years of service||6 years|
|Place of birth||Denver, Colorado|
Swersie is currently a small business owner. He received degrees from both Northwestern College and Northwest Iowa Community College.
Swersie's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I intend to see Iowa families able to use more of their hard-earned money for their own ends. "
- Excerpt:" I support the right of Iowans to carry the tools of self-preservation and protection."
- Excerpt:" I support the right of Iowans to amend the constitution of Iowa to declare marriage to be between one man and one woman. I subscribe to this belief myself and think it foolish to create laws, either from the legislative process or from the bench, that mock the Bible. "
- Excerpt:"I believe father does know best. There are international initiatives that desire to increase the right of children by decreasing the right of parents."
- Excerpt:"Reasonable taxation and responsibility are sufficient for economic stimulation and for corporations and individuals who would deny anyone’s right or those who would steal, ere are many existing laws."
Swersie ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 29. Swersie ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by District 41 incumbent Dan Kelley in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 29, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dan Kelley Incumbent||62.4%||9,831|
Swersie and his wife Jenny have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gabe + Swersie + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Gabe Swersie on Facebook
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |