Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, California|
|Date of birth||September 18, 1937|
|Place of birth||Venice, CA|
Lightfoot's campaign website listed the following issues:
- The Constitution
- Excerpt: "Restore it. The Constitution grants certain carefully ‘enumerated powers’ to the federal government. The purpose is to limit the federal government to just those listed powers and no others. All other non-enumerated ‘powers’ are “reserved to the states . . . or to the people."
- Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "Notify the world that the U.S. is not their policeman. Bring our troops home. Return control of Iraq to the people of Iraq and responsibility for peace in the Middle East and everywhere else to each country's citizens. They have more to lose than we do."
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "Let the private sector work its wonders. If we respect private property, reduce government control by agencies, licenses, regulations and subsidies everyone can work towards the goals they think are most important."
- Environment And Safety
- Excerpt: "Reform the legal system for easier access by individuals. Set up user friendly web sites and make them available in Kiosks or at the local library so anyone can sue for damages to their person or property. If polluters had to pay, they would think more carefully about what they do. "
- Excerpt: "Pass the “Health Freedom Protection Act,” to deregulate the health care industry. Leave all medical decisions, including abortions, to individuals, families and physicians. Let individuals shop for the health insurance they need. When we individually select heath insurance, it can follow us from job to job and state to state."
|U.S. Senate, California General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dianne Feinstein Incumbent||62.5%||7,864,624|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Lightfoot is widowed and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gail + Lightfoot + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |