|Colorado State Senate District 5|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2015
|Profession||Real Estate/Marketing Consultant|
Schwartz earned her BS in Marketing from the University of Colorado.
She was an Executive for Sno-Engineering, Incorporated. She currently works as a Real Estate/Marketing Consultant.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Schwartz has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Energy Committee, Colorado State Senate, Chair
- Capital Development Committee, Colorado General Assembly
- Congressional Redistricting
- Legal Services Committee, Colorado General Assembly
- Transportation Committee, Colorado State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Schwartz served on these committees:
- Agriculture, Natural Resources & Energy Committee, Colorado Senate
- Local Government Committee, Colorado Senate
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Schwartz sought re-election to the 5th District seat in 2010. She had no primary opposition. Robert E. Rankin and Wayne Wolf ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. Schwartz defeated Robert E. Rankin in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado State Senate, District 5 General election (2010)|
|Gail Schwartz (D)||26,355|
|Robert E. Rankin (R)||25,269|
Schwartz raised $222,842 for her campaign, while Entz raised $125,129.
|Colorado State Senate, District 5 (2006)|
|Gail Schwartz (D)||24,677|
|Lewis H. Entz (R)||23,691|
In 2006, Schwartz collected $222,842 in donations.
Her six largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$4,000|
|Service Employees Local 105||$2,000|
Schwartz and her husband, Alan, have three children.
- Sen. Schwartz's personal website
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Gail Schwartz
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Gail Schwartz
- Campaign Contributions: 2008 2006 2004 2000
- Gail Schwartz on Facebook
- Gail Schwartz's blog
|Colorado State Senate - District 5
| Succeeded by|