|Wisconsin State Assembly District 1|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Prior to his election to the Assembly, Bies worked as Project Director for the Door/Kewaunee Drug Task Force from 1990-2000, and was Chief Deputy/Deputy Sheriff for the Door County Sheriff's Department.
Bies is a member of American Legion Post 527 and the Knights of Columbus. He is married and has four children.
- Public Safety Committee (Ranking Member)
- Tourism, Recreation and State Properties Committee
- Transportation Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Bies is running for re-election to Wisconsin State Assembly District 1. He was unopposed in the September 14, 2010 primary election. He is opposed by Democrat Richard Skare in the general election on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Bies won reelection to Assembly District 1, receiving 51.33% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 1|
|Garey Bies (R)||15,905||51%|
|Dick Skare (D)||15,055||49%|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB 03 - Restrictions on the Sale of Fertilizer Containing Phosphorous
- AB 94 - Park Passes for Buses
- AB 154 - Providing Tobacco Products to Minors
- AB 155 - Underage Drinking
- AB 156 - Increasing Jail and Prison Times for Drunken Drivers
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 4 donors to Bies' 2008 campaign were mostly individuals:
|Wisconsin Dental Assoc||$500|
|Associated Builders & Contractors of WI||$500|
Rep. Bies speaking at Peninsula Centennial Dedication
- Representative Bies's website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Gary Bies
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Representative Bies's Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Bies's Freedom Speaks profile
- Representative Bies's facebook
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |