|Illinois State Senate District 49|
|Bachelor's||Western Illinois University|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Date of birth||October 9, 1978|
|Place of birth||Oak Park, Illinois|
Peck's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economic growth and job creation
- Excerpt: "Instead of attracting new employers to Illinois, our leaders are scrambling to prevent the max exodus of those that are already here. Large firms are the ones who seem to always get the special incentives, while the small businesses that employ a far great number of Illinoisans are left in the cold."
- Repealing Tax increase
- Excerpt: "Illinois can balance its budget without tax increases. The only solution is a comprehensive growth plan. Unnecessary services and capital expenditures must be cut. All agencies must find efficiencies. Serious lawsuit reform must be passed."
- Meaningful pension reform
- Excerpt: "Illinois is in serious trouble because politicians over promised with little or no regard for what the state could actually afford. ...I am so committed to solving Illinois’ pension problem that I publicly pledged during the Primary that I would not accept a pension when elected. I will not contribute to the problem I am trying to fix."
- Excerpt: "The best overall strategy for improving public education is to allow funds to follow the student instead of bureaucracy. The cap on Charter Schools needs to be eliminated. Charter schools are a proven-effective public school system that functions under less bureaucracy. ...Local school councils understand students need much better than a distant board."
- Re-attaining and maintaining high standards of quality for human services
- Excerpt: "Despite our high taxes in Illinois, we rank near the bottom of the country in regards to funding the mentally disabled. Our state has answered budget shortfalls with devastating cuts to these citizens and our families while refusing to address corruption and waste that annually cost this state hundreds of millions of dollars, simply because to do so is politically inconvenient."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Peck ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 49. Peck defeated Gary Fitzgerald, Anthony Giles and Brian Smith in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and was defeated by Democrat Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 49, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois State Senate, District 49 Republican Primary, 2012|
Peck has a wife, Carrie.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term " Garrett + Peck + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Garrett Peck, "Issues," accessed October 20, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections "2012 Primary results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Garrett Peck," accessed October 21, 2012