Alabama House of Representatives, District 36
Bearden has served as the Mayor of the City of Weaver and the Superintendent of the Weaver Water Board.
Bearden worked for Super Valu Stores for 23 years. He then began working for Supermarket Planning Equipment and Contruction Services, Inc., B & B Storage, Inc., and Bearden Properties.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 36 General Election (2010)|
|Randy Wood (R)||10,612|
|Garry Bearden (D)||3,301|
Bearden's website lists the following issues:
- Family Values
- Excerpt: "He believes that his solid family background is, and will continue to be, of great benefit in his service to the public."
- Excerpt: "Garry Bearden's innovative ideas, personal involvement and dedication to the effort will attract industry to the area as well as keep existing industry in the area."
- Peoples Right to Vote
- Excerpt: "Garry Bearden believes that the public is too often excluded from the political process in Montgomery. He believes that the people should decide issues such as gambling and the exemption of sales tax on food. Let the people vote!"
- Garry Bearden's campaign website
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- List of Democratic candidates certified for the June 1, 2010 primary in Alabama
- The Wetumpka Herald, Senate, House elections will be critical