|Montana State Senate District 27|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||8 years in any 16-year period|
|Montana House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Montana State University-Bozeman, 1966|
|Master's||Montana State University-Billings, 1980|
|Birthday||March 20, 1944|
|Place of birth||Big Timber, MT|
Branae earned his BS from Montana State University, Bozeman, in 1966. He then received his MS Montana State University, Billings, in 1980.
Branae was an Educator for Red Lodge Public School from 1966 to 1969. He then worked as a Teacher for Puyallup Public School from 1969 to 1972. He was also a Teacher/Counselor for Billings Public Schools from 1972 to 1999. From 1999 to 2000 he was a Counselor for Rocky Mountain College. He was a Youth Director for American Lutheran Church from 2001 to 2006.
Branae served in the Montana State Legislature from 2001 to 2009. He then joined the Montana State Senate in 2009. He has served in that position since, representing the 27th district.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Branae has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Branae served on these committees:
- Agriculture, Livestock, and Irrigation Committee, Montana Senate
- Education and Cultural Resources Committee, Montana Senate
- Taxation Committee, Montana Senate
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2012
|Montana State Senate, District 27 (2008)|
|Gary Branae (D)||3,806|
|Jack Sands (R)||3,405|
In 2008, Branae collected $23,373 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Yellowstone County Democratic Central Committee||$800|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Gary + Branae + Montana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Branae and his wife, Linda, have two children.
- Gary Branae's official Montana State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|Montana Senate District 27
| Succeeded by|