|Idaho House of Representatives District 12B|
|December 1, 2012|
|Years in position||13|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||September 19, 1942|
|Place of birth||Boise, ID|
Collins earned his high school diploma from Kuna High School in 1960.
In addition to being a representative, Collins is an insurance broker. Collins was also a former small business owner.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Collins served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Revenue and Taxation, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Collins served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Revenue and Taxation, Vice Chair|
|• Local Government|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Collins served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Local Government|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
Collins won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives. Due to redistricting, he ran in District 13B. He was unopposed in the Republican primary and was also unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 13B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Gary Collins Incumbent||100%||13,051|
Collins won re-election to District Seat 12B in 2010 against Democrat Melissa Sue Robinson. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 25th. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 12B (2010)|
|Gary Collins (R)||5,970||72.2%|
|Melissa Sue Robinson (D)||2,300||27.8%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Gary Collins won re-election to the Idaho House of Representatives District 12B receiving 65.5% of the vote (8,352 votes), ahead of Democrat Sunny Freeman who received 34.5% of the vote (4,401 votes).
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 12B (2008)|
|Gary Collins (R)||8,352||65.5%|
|Sunny Freeman (D)||4,401||34.5%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Collins was up for re-election, he collected $17,260 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gary Collins's campaign in 2010|
|Canyon County Republican Central Cmte||$2,000|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$17,260|
In 2008, Collins raised $19,955.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign. 
|Canyon County Republican Central CMTE||$2,000|
|Idaho Republican Party||$1,000|
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$1,000|
Collins represents Seat B in Idaho House District 12. District 12 includes the central portion of Canyon County.
Gary is married to Ann Collins. They have six children and reside in Nampa, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gary + Collins + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lawmakers skeptical of Arkansas plan 'privatizing' Medicaid - IdahoReporter.com
- 40 Years of College Football's Sexual-Assault Problem - Mother Jones
- Good Morning! - KWTX
- Eastern Ky. drug epidemic has reshaped communities - The Idaho Statesman
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Idaho House of Representatives Members
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," May 15, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General election results
- ↑ Idaho House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributors to Gary Collins
- ↑ "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 12B
| Succeeded by|
Rick D. Youngblood (R)