|Minnesota State Senate District 16|
|2011 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Date of birth||January 14, 1947|
|Profession||Owner, Dahms Insurance Agency|
Dahms is the owner of Dahms Insurance Agency.
Dahms graduated from the University of Minnesota with a Bachelors degree in Agricultural Business Administration.
Dahms's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"As legislators we have to balance the budget, and raising taxes should not be the solution; decreasing spending should be."
- Excerpt:"We must create a business environment in Minnesota that encourages research and development, job growth, business expansion and the attraction of new businesses."
- Excerpt:"Education in rural Minnesota needs to be cutting edge in order to provide an education for our students which will enable them to compete in a global economy."
- Excerpt:"We need to decrease the size of government by making it more efficient and accountable."
- Excerpt:"We support today's agriculture of innovation and diversification. We must protect our food, fiber, feed, flowers, and fuel producers to allow our rural economy to thrive."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dahms served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Jobs, Agriculture and Rural Development|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dahms served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Rural Economies, Vice-chair|
|• Commerce and Consumer Protection|
|• Environment and Natural Resources|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Gary Dahms Incumbent||53.1%||20,922|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 21 (2010)|
|Gary Dahms (R)||16597||62.26%|
|Al Kruse (DFL)||10021||37.59%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Dahms raised $41,410 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Dahms, Gary H||$3,000|
|Brown County RPM||$2,500|
|Redwood County RPM||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Gary + Dahms + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Dahms and his wife Barb have two children.
- Campaign site
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
Dave Brown (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|
Dennis Frederickson (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|
Matt Schmit (DFL)