Difference between revisions of "Gary DeLong"
|Line 72:||Line 72:|
|Cash on Hand 2 = 318629.49
|Cash on Hand 2 = 318629.49
Revision as of 14:12, 2 October 2012
|U.S. House, California, District 47|
DeLong's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "It is time for Congress to follow the same spending rules that we do. You cannot spend more than you make. As your Representative I will work to pass a balanced budget and make my colleagues do the same."
- Excerpt: "America’s continued prosperity depends on our ability to give our children the tools they need to succeed. That said, not every child learns the same way. I believe states and local school districts are best equipped to respond to the uniqueness and diversity of every classroom."
- Excerpt: "We need to focus on developing viable and sustainable energy sources within the United States. Congress can help by streamlining regulations and investing in America’s energy resources. Whether we are advancing renewable energy, building more refineries, or studying new fuel sources, it is time to keep that money, and those jobs, here in America."
- Excerpt: "Americans need more affordable access to healthcare. However, it appears the recent changes will drive up the cost of insurance premiums to both business owners and citizens, while spending more than a trillion dollars of taxpayer money."
- Excerpt: "I believe the United States needs a clear and effective immigration policy that addresses four core areas: increasing border security, reforming legal immigration, delivering federal reimbursement to state and local government and creating a limited guest worker program."
DeLong is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 47th District. He and Alan Lowenthal (D) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Peter Mathews (D), Jay Shah (D), Usha Shah (D), Steve Foley (R), Sanford Kahn (R), and Steve Kuykendall (R). They will now face off in the November 6, 2012, general election.
|Gary DeLong (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 13, 2012||$367,485.58||$159,553.71||$(122,747.12)||$404,292.17|
|Pre-Primary ||May 24, 2012||$404,292.17||$58,269||$(143,931.68)||$318,629.49|
Chamber of commerce spending
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce will spend a total of $3.3 million on television advertisements aimed at electing ten California Republican congressional candidates, Democratic sources have told Hotline.
DeLong and his wife, Dawna, have three children.
- Campaign website, Priorities
- California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- Unofficial election results
- Federal Election Commission "Gary DeLong's Summary Report," Accessed July 10, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Gary DeLong April Quarterly," Accessed July 10, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Gary DeLong Pre-Primary," Accessed July 10, 2012
- National Journal, "Chamber Drops $3.3 Million for California Repubs," September 27, 2012
- Project Vote Smart biography