Difference between revisions of "Gary DeLong"
m (Text replace - "candidate seeking election" to "candidate who sought election")
(→Chamber of commerce spending)
|Line 80:||Line 80:|
====Chamber of commerce spending====
====Chamber of commerce spending====
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce a total of $3.3 million on television advertisements aimed at electing ten California Republican congressional candidates, Democratic sources told ''Hotline''.<ref name=comm>[http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2012/09/chamber-drops-3.php ''National Journal,'' "Chamber Drops $3.3 Million for California Repubs," September 27, 2012]</ref>
In [[California's 47th congressional district]], The Chamber
In [[California's 47th congressional district]], The Chamber $317,000 to elect DeLong.<ref name=comm/>
Revision as of 23:26, 12 March 2013
|U.S. House, California, District 47|
When asked to name an example of an idea where he disagreed with his party at a League of Women Voters forum, DeLong stated three: he is pro-choice, pro-environment, and pro-marriage equality. "I support gay marriage. They don't," he said.
DeLong's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "It is time for Congress to follow the same spending rules that we do. You cannot spend more than you make. As your Representative I will work to pass a balanced budget and make my colleagues do the same."
- Excerpt: "America’s continued prosperity depends on our ability to give our children the tools they need to succeed. That said, not every child learns the same way. I believe states and local school districts are best equipped to respond to the uniqueness and diversity of every classroom."
- Excerpt: "We need to focus on developing viable and sustainable energy sources within the United States. Congress can help by streamlining regulations and investing in America’s energy resources. Whether we are advancing renewable energy, building more refineries, or studying new fuel sources, it is time to keep that money, and those jobs, here in America."
- Excerpt: "Americans need more affordable access to healthcare. However, it appears the recent changes will drive up the cost of insurance premiums to both business owners and citizens, while spending more than a trillion dollars of taxpayer money."
- Excerpt: "I believe the United States needs a clear and effective immigration policy that addresses four core areas: increasing border security, reforming legal immigration, delivering federal reimbursement to state and local government and creating a limited guest worker program."
DeLong ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 47th District. He and Alan Lowenthal (D) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Peter Mathews (D), Jay Shah (D), Usha Shah (D), Steve Foley (R), Sanford Kahn (R), and Steve Kuykendall (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Lowenthal won.
|U.S. House, California District 47 General Election, 2012|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Gary DeLong (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 13, 2012||$367,485.58||$159,553.71||$(122,747.12)||$404,292.17|
|Pre-Primary ||May 24, 2012||$404,292.17||$58,269||$(143,931.68)||$318,629.49|
Chamber of commerce spending
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce spent a total of $3.3 million on television advertisements aimed at electing ten California Republican congressional candidates, Democratic sources told Hotline.
DeLong and his wife, Dawna, have three children.
- CNN "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Think Progress, "Republican Congressional Nominee Breaks With Party To Support Marriage Equality," October 11, 2012
- Campaign website, Priorities
- California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- Unofficial election results
- Federal Election Commission "Gary DeLong's Summary Report," Accessed July 10, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Gary DeLong April Quarterly," Accessed July 10, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Gary DeLong Pre-Primary," Accessed July 10, 2012
- National Journal, "Chamber Drops $3.3 Million for California Repubs," September 27, 2012
- Project Vote Smart biography