Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 123|
|1999 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||15|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||Owner/Chief Operating Officer, Brew-Finch Funeral Homes|
Finch is the owner and chief operating officer of Brew-Finch Funeral Homes.
Finch attended Cayuga Community College; earned a degree from Simmons School of Mortuary Science in Syracuse, New York; and a BS in public administration and political theory from the State University of New York Empire State College. He and his wife, Marcia, have two children; Amy and Gregory.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Finch has been appointed to the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York State Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Finch served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Finch ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. He was unopposed in the general election on November 2. In addition to his slot on the Republican Party ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and the Conservative Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 123 2010|
|Gary Finch (R)||28,569|
On November 4, 2008 Finch won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 123, defeating opponent Barbara King (D).
Finch raised $92,717 for his campaign while King raised $8,786.
|New York State Assembly, District 123 2008|
|Gary Finch (R)||29,456|
|Barbara King (D)||15,940|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Gary Finch
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|New York Assembly - District 123
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |