|New York State Assembly District 126|
|1999 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||16|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York Empire State College, 1989|
|Profession||Owner/Chief Operating Officer, Brew-Finch Funeral Homes|
Finch is the owner and chief operating officer of Brew-Finch Funeral Homes.
Finch attended Cayuga Community College; earned a degree from Simmons School of Mortuary Science in Syracuse, New York; and a BS in public administration and political theory from the State University of New York Empire State College. He and his wife, Marcia, have two children; Amy and Gregory.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Finch has been appointed to the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York State Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Finch served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Finch ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 126. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 126, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Gary Finch Incumbent||100%||44,212|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Finch ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. He was unopposed in the general election on November 2. In addition to his slot on the Republican Party ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and the Conservative Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 123 2010|
|Gary Finch (R)||28,569|
On November 4, 2008 Finch won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 123, defeating opponent Barbara King (D).
Finch raised $92,717 for his campaign while King raised $8,786.
|New York State Assembly, District 123 2008|
|Gary Finch (R)||29,456|
|Barbara King (D)||15,940|
In 2010, Finch received $97,549 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gary Finch's campaign in 2010|
|Upstate Shredding LLC||$3,800|
|New York State Funeral Directors Association||$3,800|
|New York State Correctional Officers||$3,750|
|Sci Management LP||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$97,549|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Gary + Finch + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Gary Finch
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Finch
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
Donna Lupardo (D)
|New York Assembly District 126
| Succeeded by|
|New York Assembly District 123
| Succeeded by|
Donna Lupardo (D)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |