|Wisconsin State Assembly District 46|
|2005 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1973|
|J.D.||Gonzaga University Law School, 1976|
|Place of birth||Madison, WI|
Hebl is an attorney and the owner of Title Insurance Company. He is a member of a number of organizations, including the Aircraft Owners Association, Dane County Bar Association, Dane County Pilots Association, Experimental Aircraft Association, and Wisconsin Bar Association.
On his campaign site Hebl lists four main legislative priorities:
- Economy - "I believe it is essential we pass a budget that protects our working families with efficient and responsive state government. There is no single piece of legislation that has more affect on the Wisconsin economy than our state budget."
- Education - "I am strongly in favor of maintaining the state’s statutory commitment to 2/3 funding of K-12 education in Wisconsin. The main change we need at the state level is making sure that commitment is sustained."
- Health care - "The cost of health care is out of control. If given the opportunity to serve you for another term in the Legislature, I will work to make accessibility and affordability in health care a reality, not a false promise."
- Energy - "We can promote renewable energy by investing in the same. As a state, we can solve two problems with one solution. By going “green”, Wisconsin put some “green” back into the pockets of our citizens. If we attract renewable energy industries to our state we can lower our carbon footprint, consume less energy and produce more jobs."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hebl has been appointed to these committees:
- Administrative Rules Committee
- Joint Committee on Administrative Rules
- Consumer Protection Committee
- Judiciary and Ethics Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hebl served on these committees:
- Administrative Rules Committee, Wisconsin State Legislature
- Insurance Committee
- Judiciary and Ethics Committee (Chair)
- Natural Resources Committee
- Ways and Means Committee (Chair)
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Hebl is running in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 46. Hebl is running unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. Trish Schaefer is running unopposed in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Hebl was re-elected to Wisconsin State Assembly District 46. He defeated Republican Kathy Maves in the general election on November 2, 2010. He was unopposed in the September 14, 2010 primary election. 
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 46 General Election (2010)|
|Gary Hebl (D)||15,720|
|Kathy Maves (R)||10,738|
| Wisconsin State Assembly, District 46
Democratic primary (2010)
|Gary Hebl (D)||2,529||99.8%|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-63 Campaign finance law: scope of regulated activity expanded to include organizations or individuals who, within 60 days of an election, make a communication about a candidate or political party via the media; exceptions specified; forfeiture and fine penalty provisions
- AB-124 Appellate procedure revisions re review of orders denying motion to suppress evidence or challenging admissibility of the statement of a defendant or juvenile in certain circumstances
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
In 2010, Hebl received $21,940 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gary Hebl's campaign in 2010|
|Capital Area Uniserv North||$1,000|
|United Transportation Union||$500|
|Wisconsin Realtors Association||$500|
|Wisconsin Education Association Council||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$21,940|
Rep. Hebl speaking at the Relay for Life
The top 5 donors to Hebl's 2008 campaign were mostly individuals:
|Utschig, Michael R||$500|
|Capital Area Uniserv||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Gary + Hebl + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Representative Hebl's website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Gary Hebl
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions:2008, 2006, 2004
- Freedom Speaks profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Hebl's Freedom Speaks profile
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Hebl
- Gary Hebl Issues
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |